Salary Details: From £30,000
Town/City: Peterborough (Travel to London office as and when required)
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40
Silver Birch Care (Holdings) Limited (SBCHL) operates three businesses: Silver Birch Care (Residential Services), Silver Birch Care Limited, and The Beeches UK Limited. The group provide high quality education, accommodation, care, and support to children and young people aged 8-18 years across the UK.
SBCHL is looking for an Executive Assistant (EA) to join their team. This is a key role in which you will provide efficient EA support directly to the Chief Executive and Director of Operations, assisting them to fulfil the responsibilities and activities of their roles.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to perform a variety of organisational/administrative tasks and support the group company’s CEO and Director of Operations.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include all the traditional EA duties, plus additional projects and personal work as and when required. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organised, have excellent time management skills, inter-personal skills, and understanding of the group company’s operations and overall industry.
You will contribute to the efficiency of their business by providing personalised and timely support to both the CEO and Director of Operations.
On behalf of the CEO and/or Director of Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications.
- Managing their calendars, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, and prioritising the most sensitive matters.
- Organising their mailbox and ensuring access to relevant files/documents is available when required.
- Sending reminders.
- Organising team events and ensuring safety measures are met.
- Supporting with the production of executive reports, letters, presentations, and graphical information as and when required by the senior management team.
- Organising board/internal meetings or equivalent, taking minutes, and organising catering when necessary.
- Making travel arrangements including tickets, hotels, restaurants, legal restrictions etc.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of progress on all ongoing projects – a daily Project Report would be useful which can be updated and viewed by both (and other privy) parties.
- Performing minor accounting duties.
- Proving general administrative support including expenses, scanning, photocopying etc.
- Solid experience as an Executive Assistant, ideally 1:1 at ‘C-Suite’ level.
- The ability to handle information professionally and confidentially, with the utmost discretion.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills, to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Great rapport skills, to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve, whilst remaining calm and professional.
- To always act in an honest and trustworthy manner.
- To be a reliable, dependable, and punctual person.
- To work openly and cooperatively with all colleagues and business partners, and to always treat them with dignity and respect.
- To honour all work commitments, arrangements, and agreements, including attendance at meetings as required.
- To declare any issues that could be deemed to create any conflicts of interests as soon as they arise, and to ensure they do not encroach or influence your professional work practice or judgments. This would include secondary jobs, relationships with colleagues, contact with rival businesses etc.
- To avoid putting yourself or any other person at unnecessary risk.
- To seek guidance and clarification from the Director of Operations regarding any aspect of your role and responsibilities that you are unsure of.
- To avoid any behaviour in work or outside of work that would call into question your suitability to be employed in the social care sector.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to young people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and benefits as one of our employees and:
- 35 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- One day (8 hours) extra paid leave for birthday.
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support.
- Recommend a Friend scheme.
This job description provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved in the post of Executive Assistant. However, is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, which by virtue, is developmental and subject to ongoing review and improvement. SBCHL is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and contribute to the growth and success of our company, we look forward to receiving your application.
T&C’s apply based on contract. All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, then please call our office on 01733 344448 option 1
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or complete the application form below.