Salary Details: From £55,000
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Take overall responsibility for the management and leadership of Registered Homes with Ofsted, The Beeches UK as Head of Operations, reporting directly to the Director of Operations, Rebecca Ouellani.
- Promote high standards of care in line with our regulatory bodies as Head of Operations.
- Lead and manage Managers and resources to ensure high standards of service are achieved within the homes, exceeding regulatory standards.
- Register as the Responsible Individual with Ofsted for operational homes and new homes within Peterborough area.
- Develop and implement Ofsted registration for chosen/selected properties.
- Lead the planning, development, and delivery of effective, efficient, and sustainable services across Peterborough regions, realising our strategic aims and ensuring the maximum positive impact on young people, stakeholders, and related parties where applicable.
- Become fully knowledgeable and cognisant of ClearCare, the company’s system for the management of children’s social care settings which is designed to ease the process of creating and storing essential records. To ensure ClearCare and Linguix (AI-based writing assistant for team to correct all reports and ensure emails are error-free) are used effectively in all aspects, and to ensure that the team reporting to you does so also.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with external agencies and other professionals associated with the young people and company.
- Monitor, coach, support, and motivate all Registered Managers to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Safeguard the health, wellbeing, and safety of all young people within our care. In the event of a concern regarding any young person or staff member, immediately reporting these concerns in line with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a high level of service is delivered within the homes and that the homes are all compliant in relation to health and safety, other relevant regulatory frameworks, and requirements.
- Ensure that our services are delivered in line with budgets, financial parameters, stakeholder expectations, and key performance indicators.
- Manage the budget to ensure the business remains viable, and to meet and exceed the key performance indicators for people, quality, and performance.
- Providing support to the Director of Operations and Head of Operations
- Supporting communication between the Senior Management Team, and their wider teams
- Managing the scheduling of diary management including agendas, mail, emails, calls, travel arrangements.
- Organising team events and ensuring safety measures are met.
- Providing administrative support in meetings, providing documents, and taking notes.
- Producing monthly executive reports, letters, presentations, and graphical information
- Maintaining records of outstanding expenses, issues and ensuring a quick resolution.
- Responding to correspondence and sensitive information
- Acting as a main point of contact for the Director of Operations
- Be cognisant of pricing and fee packages for all young people in care.
- Diligently compute and set commensurate fee structures following consultation with the CEO.
- Effectively seek to increase fees where and when able.
- Proactively reduce the number of vacancies to increase occupancy in our homes.
- Successfully manage the opening of new homes to grow the business and increase revenue, without compromising the level of care.
- Manage the designated budget, ensuring value for money is achieved.
- Monitor and control expenditure of the homes’ spending.
- Ensure agency costs are kept within the agreed expectation.
- Authorise and monitor items purchased for the home.
- Investigate and report any financial irregularities appropriately.
- Have a keen eye on budgets and budgetary changes (P&L).
- Become fully knowledgeable and cognisant of Breath HR, the company’s HR management software. Effectively use this software in all aspects of everyday business and ensure that the team reporting to you does so also.
- Become cognisant of Planday, the company’s system to set/plan and oversee staff rotas though enabling the deployment of appropriate staff resources, ensuring key tasks are fulfilled, and including provision for back up as required in times of emergency/out of hours. Total number of hours to be set on a weekly basis and measured against adopted rota and punching in/out which is designed to monitor real-time hours/shifts being worked and costs. Check budget against actuals achieved every Monday.
- Recruit high calibre, capable, and conscientious employees that demonstrate our values and behaviours, and deliver consistently high-quality services.
- Ensure the workplace upholds effective systems that are understood, implemented, and monitored, with consideration to company policies and procedures, including those relating to health and safety, equality, and diversity, and maintain a positive working environment.
- Drive a high engagement culture through vision and great leadership, coaching, development, recognition, and communication to retain our people.
- Conduct robust performance management, including supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensure all KPIs are met and achieved, with weekly KPI updates to be sent to the Director of Operations.
- Identify and pursue training and development needs to drive succession and talent management of our people.
- Manage people matters and challenging situations, such as discipline, grievance, capability, and absence.
Meeting Standards, Compliance and Quality
- Drive forward all Ofsted ratings to work towards “good” or “outstanding”.
- Ensure that all employees within the home understand their role, so that they can undertake their duties and responsibilities to a consistently high standard. This will be completed though regular visits to the home, attending team meetings and regular audits of the homes.
- Comply with all statutory and legislative requirements.
- Comply with all the company’s policies and procedures, and all other relevant supplementary instructions.
- Liaise with and always cooperate with relevant local authority employees and other professionals, meeting their requirements as appropriate.
- Prepare detailed reports for statutory and case reviews to a consistently high standard.
- Meet legislative and company health and safety standards.
- Implement quality assurance practices to monitor and evaluate standards of individual employee and overall team performance, to support the company in achieving its objective to continuously improve upon quality.
- To always act in an honest and trustworthy manner.
- To be a reliable, dependable, and punctual person.
- To work openly and cooperatively with all colleagues and business partners, and to always treat them with dignity and respect.
- To honour all work commitments, arrangements, and agreements, including attendance at meetings as required.
- To declare any issues that could be deemed to create any conflicts of interests as soon as they arise, and to ensure they do not encroach or influence your professional work practice or judgements. This would include secondary jobs, relationships with colleagues, contact with rival businesses etc.
- To avoid putting yourself or any other person at unnecessary risk.
- To seek guidance and clarification from the Director of Operations regarding any aspect of your role and responsibilities that you are unsure of.
- To avoid any behaviour in work or outside of work that would call into question your suitability to be employed in the social care sector.
This job description provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved in the post of Head of Operations. However, is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, which by virtue, is developmental and subject to ongoing review and improvement. SBCHL is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and contribute to the growth and success of our company, we look forward to receiving your application.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to young people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and benefits as one of our employees as well as:
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support.
- Birthday bonus.
- Recommend a Friend scheme.
T&C’s apply based on contract. All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, then please call our office on 01733 344448 option 1
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form below.