Are you looking to start a career within our independent specialist school in Peterborough? No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging, but they’re always positive.
Everyone wants to do something meaningful with their life, and to do a role that has purpose. At The Beeches, helping children is at the heart of everything we do. Our vision is to provide support and care for children with learning difficulties and challenging behaviours, promoting independence and choice. We value individual uniqueness and diversity and achieving outcomes that matter most to the children and young people we care for.
Within our school settings, our ethos is to ensure our pupils receive receive educational opportunities and acquire knowledge and skills, including Numeracy, Literature and IT Skills, as well as develop personal and life skills that will support them through to adult life.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Teacher to work within our independent specialist school where we support children and young people aged between 9 – 19 years with a range of disabilities and primarily a diagnosis of autism, many of whom have additional disabilities, with a particular specialism in developing communication and social skills through a therapeutically informed approach.
You should be passionate about the wellbeing of children and young people, and have a caring and patient nature. Due to the personal choice of the people we support, we are looking to recruit someone who has a full driving licence.
What does an Independent Specialist School Teacher do?
- Ensure that all learners undertake highly individualised learning programmes designed to meet their specific needs and aspirations.
- Deliver highly effective teaching, learning and assessment that enables all learners make better than expected progress against their outcomes.
- Play an active role in the lives of children/young people, prioritising the experience of the learners, and being an excellent and supportive colleague.
What you will need to succeed:
- You must have a QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) Qualification which is required for the position.
- An understanding of SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to young people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and benefits as one of our employees in addition to:
- Paid leave for school holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free access to around the clock employee assistance programme for advice and support.
*T&C’s apply based on contract
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks. If you are successfully matched to a role, you will be classed as a key worker. Frontline health and social care workers and the most vulnerable are currently being vaccinated. If you join us in a supported role, you will be included in your local COVID-19 vaccine deployment programme. The Beeches UK are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccine to help protect each other and the people we support. This is becoming increasingly important as evidence is starting to grow that the vaccine could help stop the spread of the virus, as well as protecting the person vaccinated from getting very ill.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or complete the application form below.